In The Media
As a small organisation we are delighted to attract positive media attention or have our work promoted by other organisations.
Where possible, we will note our inclusion in the list below. If you notice that something is missing, please let us know.
To discuss any opportunities to promote our work, please get in touch.
- Our Founder Anil Patil shares how Carers Worldwide has been changing the lives of carers in South Asia for the better over the past 10 years in Caring Times.
- The Hindu featured Bollywood actress Deepika Padukone visiting our project funded by her Live Love Laugh Foundation, in Tiruvallur district, Tamil Nadu, India.
- We featured in the Welwyn and Hatfield Times for being selected as one of 48 charities to be featured in Advent of Change’s Christmas charity range.
- The appointment of our first ambassador Chris Underhill, MBE, was featured in Charity Today
- Our Radio 4 Appeal was featured in the Welwyn Hatfield Times. The piece shared the story of our presenter, Jackie Ashley as well as that of Hema, a carer from India who was the focus of our appeal.
- The expansion of our board of trustees, including the appointment of our new Chair of Trustees, Jonathan Freeman, MBE was covered in Charity Today, CareTalk Business, Tomorrow’s Care and Charity Times.
- Carers Worldwide were featured in a piece by Lauren Crosby Medlicott, about the UK Aid cuts and the effect they will have on small international development charities.
- Ruth was interviewed for an article in The Guardian, discussing the impact of the cuts to UK Aid.
- Ruth and daughter Maya were featured in the Welwyn Hatfield Times, sharing their 100 Cookies for Carers challenge as part of #CaptainTom100 and highlighting the work of Carers Worldwide.
- UK Aid Direct featured us in a document highlighting examples of how their grant holders are implementing safeguarding at a project level
- Small Charities Coalition published a piece by Ruth which discussed dignity and caring for Dignity Action Day
- Anil’s interview with Ashoka “Who Cares? Putting Carers On The Global Agenda“ was published on Forbes
- Our Operations Manager, Ruth Patil, spoke with RT UK about funding cuts to charities.
- We featured in an article by The Telegraph about the way small UK charities operating overseas are responding to COVID-19 but facing uncertain futures amidst funding cuts.
- The Commonwealth Foundation published a write up of the way we have used evidence gathering to influence local policy, which has benefited hundreds of people with disabilities and their carers in Odisha.
- The Mental Health Innovation Network published an article outlining our response to COVID-19.
- The Commonwealth Foundation published an article discussing who we are and our work that they have funded.
- Alok Sharma, former Secretary of State for International Development, announced the launch of DFID’s Small Charities Challenge Fund and featured Carers Worldwide as an example of a successful project being implemented by a small charity.
- What Charity interviewed Ruth Patil and then published an article drawing parallels between organisations working with carers in the UK and in developing countries.
- Former UK Secretary of State for International Development, Priti Patel, made special mention of Carers Worldwide in an article highlighting the outstanding work carried out by small international charities in late 2017. (Issue 15)
- We were happy to accept an offer from the White Swan Foundation to write a regular column Care to Care published on their website, which is a knowledge hub for mental health in India.
- The Merck KGaA ‘Embracing Carers™’ campaign featured our founder Anil Patil in a short video highlighting the issues facing family carers in developing countries.
- We were also delighted to be included in the Havas Lynx ‘In Search of the Invisible Army’ campaign and contributed to the production of a white paper investigating the impact of caring globally, including carers needs and the role they play in improving patient outcomes.
- A feature on our work in India was included in The People’s Commonwealth, a celebration of the Commonwealth Foundation’s work (P.24)
- Havas Lynx also produced ‘The Caregivers’ Story’ a powerful three-part podcast series which shines a spotlight on the lives of carers in the UK. Our founder Anil Patil features in Episode 2: Finding Friends.
- As an Ashoka Fellow, our founder Anil Patil is part of the largest network of social entrepreneurs worldwide engaging actively in single social entrepreneurship projects. Since 2010, Boehringer Ingelheim and Ashoka are working together on their global partnership Making More Health. Watch Anil’s profile video here.
- Mannion Daniels (Fund Managers for DFID) included our work in Nepal in an article in recognition of World Mental Health Day.>