2022 Festive Appeal Funds New Community Caring Centre
With the funds raised during our 2022 Festive Appeal, we have been able to open a new Community Caring Centre in Bangladesh.
15 disabled children and their carers are now enrolled and other unpaid carers in the area are also using the centre for group activities and events. Here are some highlights from the new centre:
- The centre provides a welcoming, child-friendly environment
- Therapy equipment and educational resources have been purchased
- Each child has been assessed and is following a bespoke education and therapy support plan
- The needs of the carers have been assessed and they have been able to identify their own personal goals for emotional support, health, and opportunities for income generation while their child is engaged at the centre
- The children are receiving nutritious food at lunchtime and are already gaining weight, whilst those suffering malnutrition are becoming more healthy and active
- Special education teachers and therapists from our local charity partner are running the centre and carer representatives, who are currently being trained, will provide support on a voluntary basis
We’re delighted to be able to share some pictures with you from the new centre and want to extend our thanks to everyone who donated and to the Bryan Guinness Charitable Trust and the Eleanor Rathbone Charitable Trust for their contributions and to The Cosaraf Foundation for doubling the donations of the individual donors!
In the words of Bilkis, one of the family carers, “The dreams of the carers of this village are going to be fulfilled.”